Guidelines & Information:
- Poems must be your original and unpublished creative work, and must not have won a major prize in other contests. Please put all poems in one file.
- Deadline: May 1st, 2019. Winners are announced in the summer and are published in the Fall/Winter Issue.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive $1000 and publication. Twenty entrants will receive International Publication Awards, with publication in the contest issue, and a free copy. Thirty entrants will receive International Merit Awards, with recognition in the contest issue, and a free copy.
- Previous Grand Prize winners and associates, friends, or students of the judge(s) are not eligible.
- This year we are going to a flat rate: $10 for 3 poems. You may enter as many times as you like, provided you submit the $10 fee each time.
- We are no longer accepting contest entries by mail. Any entries received by mail will be returned unread.
Please Note: We will try to accommodate poems with special formatting needs (specific margins, long lines, etc.), but we can't guarantee that your poem will appear on our pages exactly as you submitted them. We encourage poets to follow standard formatting guidelines: Times New Roman 12, with 1" margins. This will help minimize appearance shifts as we import your poems into our publishing software.